Birankai Canada (BCA) is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to promoting quality
instruction and practice of the martial ways of Aikido as created by Aikido Founder Morihei
Ueshiba and transmitted by his student, T.K. Chiba, Shihan.
The mission of Birankai Canada is to develop, provide and support quality training in Aikido and related Japanese martial disciplines in Birankai-affiliated dojos (schools) in Canada, North America and around the world.
To this end, the organization conducts
the following activities:
- Develops curricula and teacher certification
- Provides resources and programs for instructor development
- Examines and certifies ranks and promotions
- Coordinates and conducts training seminars, camps and sponsors instructor training programs
- Offers instruction in Aikido, Iai Batto-ho and meditation practices
- Provides scholarships and grants to sponsor, encourage and support members in their development in the art
- Supports other similar activities
Aikido training leads to personal transformation. Dedicated and rigorous pursuit of this training, in an inclusive environment of mutual respect, fosters a process of self-knowledge and personal transformation.
The inclusion of the disciplines of Iai-Batto-ho and Zen meditation in this training methodology helps to cultivate an environment which further stimulates and nurtures the transformational process. These transformations have positive impacts and benefits in the lives of practitioners, which extend to their relationships and interactions with their communities.
Birankai Canada is recognized by the Aikido Foundation - Aikido World Headquarters, in Japan.
For more information please Contact Us via the form below.
You may also wish to visit the website of Birankai International, at www.birankai.org.